Republic Short Term Disability
Local 357 Short Term Disability Insurance
You need to know: The Short Term Disability plan Republic Airways Company is offering during open enrollment is not a Loss of License plan. Every month we hear from pilots who are denied benefits because their disability was related to their medical certificate. This new plan is a Loss of License option from Harvey Watt, plan administrator for our long-term Loss of License Plan that we've had good feedback on for years.
Plan features & why you should sign up for this plan and cancel RAH plan during open enrollment:
- Greater income protection
- Benefit Percentage of 60% instead of 50% and a maximum of $1,500 instead of $510 weeky benefit.
- Can cover guaranteed earnings AND overtime pay whereas the Employer-plan does not cover overtime.
- Benefits will be payable from Day 1 for a disability caused by an accident rather than having to wait 7 days.
- FAA Loss of License coverage
- Provide income protection until your Harvey Watt long-term Loss of License plan begins
CLICK A PDF BELOW to View your Republic Short Term Disability Enrollment Package Information and Rates: